Just pick up any bottle of shampoo, facial cream, body lotion or any other beauty products and you’re likely to find an incredibly long list of synthetic chemicals — many of them even toxic and cancer causing. These chemicals enter our bodies – through ingestion (toothpaste, lipstick), skin absorption (lotions, deodorant, makeup) and even inhalation (perfumes, fumes, etc..). Multiply this seemingly small amount by the number of products you use throughout the day, on a daily basis, and over your entire lifetime and you will see how your body is bound to accumulate these toxins over time. The following chemicals are very often found in cosmetic and personal care products:
PARABENS (CHEMICAL PRESERVATIVES)
– On cosmetic product labels, you will most likely see the following parabens listed: methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. . The concern with parabens is their known effect to disrupt hormone function, which is linked to an increased risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity. Parabens on the skin surface (via lotions, for example) may react with the sun’s UVB rays, aging the skin and causing DNA damage.
– Extremely commonplace in cosmetic products, petrochemicals (by-products of petroleum) are often found in: fragrances, lip gloss (petroleum oil is often used as a base), nail polish, soaps, body lotions. Petrochemicals are known to cause numerous health issues, ranging from skin rashes to cancer and liver, kidney, and nervous system toxicity. DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate) in particular has been linked with birth defects and lifelong reproductive impairments.
– Lead is a proven neurotoxin linked to troubles in learning, language, and behavior, as well as miscarriage and reduced fertility in both men and women. Mercury, a toxin readily absorbed by the skin, is linked to nervous system, reproductive, immune and respiratory toxicity, and is especially dangerous during fetal development. Nanoparticles of zinc and titanium dioxide are potentially dangerous when inhaled or absorbed.
– DMDM Hydantoin, Urea, and Quaternium-15: these toxins can cause allergic skin reactions, rashes, and are probable carcinogens. Cosmetic products containing formaldehyde releasing preservatives can leak formaldehyde into your body via skin absorption, ingestion, or by releasing formaldehyde into the air you breathe. Studies have linked formaldehyde to leukemia
100% Pure formulas are truly 100% Pure and never contain any of the above mentioned chemicals or any other toxins. Additionally, 100% Pure also tests every raw ingredient and packaging to ensure purity. All formulas, raw ingredients and packaging (BPA & Pthalate free) never contain any harmful toxins.
- Tags: Healthy Ingredients
We carefully hand-select products based on strict purity standards, and only recommend products we feel meet this criteria. 100% PURE™ may earn a small commission for products purchased through affiliate links.
The information in this article is for educational use, and not intended to substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should not be used as such.